Design and Technology Contribution – Year 9

17 September 2014

Dear Parent of Year 9 student

I do hope that your child has settled into their Design and Technology lessons. I do anticipate that they will get much more from the longer twelve week modules in the subject of their choice and the other two specialist areas they will study for their forth coming Year 9.

I would like to thank you if you made the Technology contribution last year. The final £5 contribution is due to enable pupils to take home all of the projects that they make in Year 9. This will help to cover the cost of materials required for projects in Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Electronics and Textiles. It does not include ingredients for work in Food Technology which are best dealt with separately.

This will enable us to further establish a wide variety of work and ensure that pupils are able to design and make products of good quality using the best possible raw materials. We believe that this helps our students to value their work and last year, almost without exception, parents wished to retain the products that their children made.

If you wish to retain your child’s Design and Technology work please confirm by making payment via ParentPay.com website. I must stress that any contribution is voluntary and no student will be disadvantaged in lessons if no contribution is received.

May I also take this opportunity to remind students of the basic kit that is required for each Design and Technology lesson.

Pen Rubber Coloured pencils (not felt tips)
Pencil 300mm ruler

All work will be done in an A3/A4 project booklet which will need to be taken home for homework to be completed. Scissors and glue will be required for some homework set. This booklet will be given back to your child at the end of each module.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me at the school.

Yours sincerely

Miss L Walsh
Subject Leader – Design Technology