16th July 2013
Parents of all Primary Phase Pupils
Primary Sports Day- Changes to programme due to weather conditions
Wednesday 17th July 2013 Now starting at 9am
As the weather is going to be very warm and sunny we have made the following changes to the schedule so that sporting activities take place in the morning.
- Tuesday July 16th All children will take their PE kits home on Tuesday and will need to come to school dressed in full PE kit ready for sports day on Wednesday.
- Wednesday July 17th 8.35-8.45 am Children arrive in school as normal to prepare for sports day
- 9.00 am Parents will need to go straight round onto the top secondary phase field ready to start the opening ceremony at 9am.
- 9.30 -10.30am After the opening ceremony we will start our day with the finals of our track races YR- Y6.
9.30-10.30 am Winners will be announced and awarded at the end of each race.
- 10.30-10.50 am All children will go in to school for a cool down and a break. During this time parents are welcome to use the Primary Hall for refuge from the sun.
- 10.50 am: Classes come back onto the field and split into their teams for the sports day team activities.
- 11 am: Children go round with teachers to all activities, parents can follow and support.
- There will be shaded breaks and two activities will now take place indoors in the secondary phase gym and sports hall.
- 11am-12.30 School dining room will be open for parents to purchase cold refreshments and seek shade.
- 12.45-1.30 CCSF Picnic/BBQ on primary field. Parents are encouraged to bring gazebos/umbrellas to use during the picnic period only.
- 1.30pm Winners of the morning team activities will be announced – end of sports day.
- 1.45 pm Children will return to class for register
- 2pm Parents attending Sports Day may wish to take their children home after the final award ceremony. If you wish to leave school early, please return to the primary playground and collect your child from their usual going home point. Please note that children who do not have parents attending the sports day will remain in school and be collected at 3.15 pm as usual.
Safety in the sun
To ensure children’s safety in the sun please ensure that your child has the following essential items;
- A large named water bottle- to use throughout the day.
- High factor sun cream (50+) applied before they come to school
- A hat to wear throughout the day.
Thank you for your cooperation,
CCS Health and Happiness Team