27th January 2015
Year 9 GCSE Options Evening and Key Dates
As part of the GCSE options process at Caroline Chisholm School, we are holding an Options Information Evening on Tuesday 24th February. The evening is an opportunity for students and parents to find out more about the GCSE courses available and how students can select subjects. The evening is in addition to the information your child will be receiving through an options assembly on the morning of the 4th February. Other key dates that you should be aware of are listed below including a “Careers Day” on 26th February 2015, where students will have an opportunity to explore their options further.
Due to the large number of students in Year 9, the evening will split into two sessions. The first will commence at 6.00pm in the Main Hall and will be followed by the opportunity to speak to Subject Leaders about individual subject choices. The second session will follow the same format but will commence at 7.00pm in the Main Hall. There will also be an opportunity to discuss any additional queries you may have with our pastoral, support and careers staff.
Please note that Parents’ Evening will follow Options Evening – dates below. This will be an opportunity to talk to the individual subject teachers about your child’s progress and achievement this year and their suitability for the range of GCSE or equivalent courses available next year.
- 4th February – Extended GCSE “Options” Assembly for Year 9 Students.
- 24th February – GCSE Options Evening for Parents and Students (6pm – 9pm).
- 26th February – Year 9 Careers Day at CCS: – External agencies to provide Year 9 students with information regarding potential careers (students only).
- 19th March – Parents’ Evening (Year 9 Tutor Groups SBA, LR, MPR, KW).
- 26th March – Parents’ Evening (Year 9 Tutor Groups CS, BU, KAN, LB).
- 17th April – Options Deadline Date:- All GCSE options choices to be completed on-line via “Insight” by Year 9 students.
- Summer Term: Year 9 exams, student interviews with Miss Rose (Vice Principal) or Mr Colman (Assistant Principal) to discuss options before the choices are finalised.
GCSE Options Evening Booking Guidance
You can book up to 3 seats for this event (including student), using the booking system in Insight. To do this, follow the procedure below.
- Go to Caroline Chisholm School website and click the ‘Parents’ tab.
- Click on ‘Parents Evening Bookings’
- Log in using your secure user name and password. If you have forgotten your user name or password details, please email School at email@example.com for a password reset.
- Choose Events booking then select either the 6.00pm or 7.00pm booking.
- Choose your seat[s] by clicking on a seat number on the grid. You can choose up to 3 seats; please do not leave single gaps between seats. The information will automatically be saved.
- Print a record of your seat numbers using the print tab on the top right of the screen.
The GCSE Option Booklet will be available on the School website by clicking on http://www.ccs.northants.sch.uk/options-booklets/. We recommend you print your own copy before the Options Evening and bring it with you on the night.
If you have any queries about the options process, please do not hesitate to contact me at the school.
We look forward to seeing you on the 24th February.
Assistant Principal (Linked to Year 9)