As yet, we do not yet have any further information from the Government regarding their initial aspiration to open to Years 2, 3, 4 and 5 for one month before the end of the school year. As soon as we have received the Government’s decision and guidance on if, when and how this can be achieved we will be contacting parents. In the meantime, I would like to give you a brief update about the plans we are making in preparation for the possible, partial reopening of school from June 1st.
You may already be aware that on Wednesday 20th May, our school’s board of Academy Trustees approved our risk assessments and plans to re-open for Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 6 students on 2nd June following the half-term break. Following a parent survey of all children in the eligible returning year groups, I am pleased to say that 61% of children will be returning to school. This possible re-opening is, of course, dependent on all Government tests being met and we expect a decision on this matter on 28th May.
More detailed information about the specific changes being made in school is currently in the process of being prepared to release to parents of those returning children next week. We will also make this information available to all other parents on our website so you can make yourself aware of the plans and protective measure we are putting in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our children and staff.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to parents for all your support with home learning which will continue for your children. I know that, under the current changing circumstances, it remains a challenge to balance work and family life alongside home learning for such a long period and with this in mind we are all very appreciative of your hard work and dedication to your child’s learning. Finally, I would like to wish you a very happy holiday and I hope you are able to enjoy your family time together – here’s hoping for some more lovely weather.
Mrs Katherine Patterson