Information for Parents of children allocated to Year 7 for 2017
The staff and Governors of Caroline Chisholm School are pleased to welcome you as parents of children allocated to Year 7 for September 2017.
|Document return dates:|
|21st April 2017||Parental responsibility form|
|21st April 2017||Address proof:
|21st April 2017||Date of Birth proof|
|21st April 2017||Data sheet|
|21st April 2017||Biometric Registration form|
|Preference indication dates:|
|5th May 2017||Instrument lessons|
|9th June 2017||Language preference|
|10th July 2017||Transition Day (for students)|
|10th July 2017||Induction evening (for parents and students)|
|17th July 2017||Online & E-Safety talk (please register your interest)|
Documents required from you.
Please send all the requested documents by the return dates indicated above. If your child does not subsequently join us, these will be confidentially destroyed. Please either scan and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org placing your child’s name as the subject line or post to the school. Please note, the data sheet should be posted please.
- Parental responsibility form (attached to our letter dated 27th March). A further copy can be found here.
- Date of birth and home address proof.
- Data Sheet (attached to our letter dated 27th March). A further copy can be found here.
- Biometric registration form (attached to our letter dated 27th March) for our dining service. A further copy can be found here.
Instrument Lessons & Language Preferences/Interest replies.
You are able to express an interest for your child to receive instrument lessons and also for the second language they will study in year 7 in addition to Spanish. The link to express preferences is here https://goo.gl/yHyLhR . Please indicate your preferences by the date shown above. You are also able to express an interest I the e-safety talk via the same document (details below).
- Language Preference: All students in year 7 will learn Spanish but will also have the opportunity to learn a second language of either French or German. Our MFL Department will try and met all preferences if possible. If you do not wish to express a preference, your child will be allocated either French or German in addition to Spanish.
- Instrument Lessons: Our Music Department is currently able to offer instrument lessons for Brass, Guitar, Percussion, Strings, Voice, Woodwind and Keyboard/Piano. These lessons are provided by contracted visiting teachers from NMPAT. The cost for the current academic year is £64.50 per term for each instrument and includes instrumental hire if required. The fees are payable in advance and are non-refundable. Once you have confirmed your interest, our Music Department will send you further details. Please note you are not committing to anything at this stage.
For your information.
Further information regarding the items below will follow as necessary.
Transition Day is Monday 10th July. Further details can be found below.
Information Transition Day and the parents information evening please click here
DT/Art letter, please click here
Parents Induction Information evening is Monday 10th July. This is a key event in the transition process when you will have an opportunity meet the form tutors and key staff. Further details can be found above.
There will be an e-safety (keeping your children safe on Social Media) talk for all year 7 parents on the evening of 17th July 2017 at 7pm. This will be from the Northamptonshire County Council E-safety Officer, Simon Aston. If you are interested in coming to this talk, please register your interest via the link here https://goo.gl/yHyLhR . We recommend all parents attend, even if you have already seen a presentation at your child’s primary school.
CATERING ACADEMY provide our dining service. They operate a cashless catering system using biometric registration, full details of which are on the registration form. Your child will need to be registered in order to access our dining service. You may opt out of this service and details of how to do that are also included on the registration form.
PARENTPAY is our on-line payment system used for payments relating to music lessons/trips/clubs arranged by the school (not catering/lunches). You will be issued with a username and password for you prior to your child starting with us.
INSIGHT is our online portal for parents and it enables you to view reports, timetable and attendance information for your child. It is also used to book parents evening appointments and seats for other events. We will be using this system for seat booking for our Induction Evening and e-safety talk in July. You will be sent a username and password when we send details about our Information Evening.
Uniform/starting school information will be given at our Parents Induction Information Evening.
Please direct any questions to our Admission Officer, Mrs R Guerriero.
Tel: 01604 669200 or e-mail email@example.com.