OCR Food and Nutrition
- Introduction to course – basics explained.
- Topic 1 –The function and role of nutrients.
- Topic 2 – The relationship between diet and health.
- Topic 3 – Energy and food.
- CA B001 Task 1 introduced
- CA B001 Task 1 undertaken.
- Topic 4 – Food commodities.
- Topic 5 – Convenience, organic and functional foods.
- Topic 6 – A balanced diet.
- Topic 7 – Nutritional needs of different groups.
- CA B001 Task 2 introduced and undertaken.
- Topic 8 – Food choice.
- Topic 9 – How and why is cooked.
- Topic 10 – Ingredients in cooking
- CA Task 3 introduced.
- CA B001 Task 3 undertaken.
- Revision of all topics.
- Mock Exam.
- Food Study Task B002 (30%) introduced.
Introduction to the course.
- Practical Skills
- Research and Development
- Design Process
- Mini Project combining all skills
- CA Task: Unit 1 Introduced: Developing and Applying Design Skills
CA Unit 1 (30%):
- Design Ideas
CA Unit 1:
- Final Design
- Sampling and prototyping
- CAD and Colour ways
CA Unit 1:
- Evaluation against the specification.
- Modification and future designs.
- CA Task: Unit 3 Introduced: Making Marketing and Testing
CA: Unit 3 (30%)
- Concept Page
- Layout of project.
CA: Unit 3
- Health and Safety
- Industrial Practice
AQA Product Design
- Introduction to the course; exemplar material, drawing skills, research, materials and joining methods.
- Project one: A mini project based on joining methods.
- Project two: A project based on the Art and Design movement Cubism, including creativity, research and designing.
- An introduction to electronics.
- Project two: A project based on the Art and Design movement Cubism, including development of designs, modelling, making and evaluating.
- Project three: A packaging project.
- Make an amplifier circuit board (electronic element).
- Introduction to the controlled assessment criteria 1: Investigating the design context.
- Begin criteria 1 using an e-portfolio to present work.
- Completion of criteria 1: Investigating the design context.
- Introduction to the controlled assessment criteria 2: Development of design proposals.
- Begin criteria 2 using an e-portfolio to present work.
- Mock exam.
Students will create a brand and business stationary for a brand by exploring typography, colour, and sheet materials.
Branding, paper and card sizes and weights, 2D Design and ICT, laser cutter, typography, colour wheel, layout
Students develop theoretical knowledge in sustainability, plastic materials, processes and branding to create a piece of packaging in small groups.
Plastics and foam, forming processes including vacuum former and hot wire cutter, 6 R’s, sustainability, social and moral issues in design.
This task focuses on developing drawing techniques including 1 point perspective and isometric to design a piece of architecture. They will then use design software to draw up their final design.
Technical drawing including 1 point perspective, 2 point perspective, isometric, exploded view, shading techniques, thick and thin lines, drawing geometric shapes.
Pop up cards
Students develop their understanding of linkages and mechanisms by developing a pop up card.
Linkages, mechanisms, paper and card, printing processes, finishes
Shop fronts/theatre layouts
This project brings together all of the skills learnt throughout the year and students use these skills to create either a shop front design or theatre layout using foam board.
Foam board, high quality measuring and plan making, branding, ICT software, graphics equipment.
Introduction to controlled assessment task. Students to explore briefs to make appropriate choices and complete research in preparation for the independent task in Yr 11.
Research, design process, specifications