Welcome to Caroline Chisholm School
Caroline Chisholm is an oversubscribed, academically successful all-through (aged 4-19) school that strives to develop individuals into ambitious, highly successful, happy and resilient young adults. We make learning enjoyable from reception year right up to the sixth form. We provide a challenging academic curriculum, coupled with a very supportive pastoral system that values the strengths and talents of the individual student.
Since our opening in 2004, we have progressed as a school to offer both incredible facilities and teaching. In January 2020, we welcomed a visit from Ofsted and were awarded a 'Good' status.
They were keen to note that,
Expectations are high. Pupils value the opportunity to study a wide range of subjects.”
And we believe that thanks to both parental feedback and the comments highlighted by Ofsted we can rapidly improve, to become an outstanding provider in as short a time as possible.
We are an all-through school
Being an all-through school has so many incredible benefits both for students, parents and staff. Listed below are just a few of the key benefits you and your child can take advantage of when joining us at Caroline Chisholm School:
- The school can work together across all phases to track children’s progress from age 4 to 18
- Seamless transition between primary and secondary phases including data and knowledge transfer
- Children staying settled, creating long-lasting friendships and sense of community
- Teachers know children better, both on a personal and academic level
- The school can cater for individual learning styles and specific needs, including pastoral care
- Younger children benefit from specialist teaching and facilities
- Opportunities for student-to-student mentoring and leadership
- Opportunities for staff to share best practise, working cross-phase to develop a built-on curriculum
- House system gives sense of belonging, regardless of age
- Our High Performance Learning (HPL) programme gives a unified approach to teaching and learning through all phases
- Parent practicalities - One school location for drop-off and to receive communications