The Exam Contingency day for Summer 2022 will be Wednesday 29/6/22. Students must be available to sit exams on this date in the case of a national incident/disruption e.g. Manchester Arena Bombing.
Results Days August 2022
A Level Results
Thursday 18th August 2022 - Post 16 Study Centre
8:00am - 10:30am
Thursday 25th August 2022 - Post 16 Study Centre
8.30am - 10.30am
Results will be available on Edulink via Student Log in only (not parental log in)
*Please note that written consent (by the student) will need to be presented by an adult to collect a student's results on their behalf.
Exam tips and equipment
Before the exam
1) Be prepared – that means REVISE.
2) Learn your candidate number and seat number for the exams.
3) Make sure you know when your exam starts and which room it is in. Make sure you know where the room is – you don’t want to be late because you couldn’t find the room.
4) Make sure you have any special equipment that you might need. E.g. a specific type of calculator or drawing apparatus etc. If you are not sure ask your teacher before the exam.
5) Take your books with you in a bag, that way, if you suddenly realise on the way to your exam that you have forgotten what photosynthesis means you can check it out. Books are not allowed in the exam room.
6) Don’t revise things that you don’t need to know or things that you will be given in the exam such as formulas or the periodic table.
7) The best way to prepare for an exam is to do past exam papers. This way you can see how hard the exam is and what the questions are like. Ask your teacher for some past papers to practise.
During the exam
8) Don’t panic as you may make mistakes.
9) Manage your time. Don’t spend half an hour on a 2-mark question. If you can’t do it put a star next to it and come back to it when you have answered the questions that you can do.
10) Read over your work – it’s easy to make silly mistakes.
All equipment must be kept in a clear pencil case, necessary equipment will vary exam to exam, but the main equipment you will need are:
- A black biro pen
- A pencil
- A rubber
- A ruler
- A protractor
- A compass
- A calculator
If you don’t have a clear pencil case, you can use clear sandwich bags or clear punch pockets.
Recent exam results
Please find attached below relevant information for exam candidates:
- JCQ Unauthorised Items Poster 2021 (No watches are allowed at all)
- JCQ Information for Candidates Written Examinations 2021
- JCQ Information for Candidates Onscreen Examinations 2021
- JCQ Information for Candidates Non - Examination Assessments 2021
- JCQ Information for Candidates Coursework Assessments 2021
- JCQ Warning to Candidates 2020 - 2021