Important Driver and Pedestrian Safety Information
To parents and carers of students in Years R - 13
Following an incident on one of the pedestrian crossings this morning, we would like to remind all parents of the rules for the safe use of the access road, car park and the drop-off zone:
- Please observe the speed limit of 5mph at all times in the car park.
- Please take extra care when approaching any of the pedestrian crossing points and reduce your speed accordingly - this is especially important in the winter months when the sun is still low in the sky first thing in the morning and may impair visibility.
- Please drive with due caution along the access road to the school car park and ensure that any pedestrians are clear of the crossings before proceeding.
- Please remember that pedestrians have right of way, both in the car park and on the pedestrian crossings.
- When using the pedestrian crossing, please ensure that the road is clear before stepping out to cross.
- When entering or leaving the drop-off zone and/or access road, be especially mindful of children that may be around or other cars in close proximity.
- Please do not drop your children off on the roundabout near the drop-off zone or let them out at the pedestrian crossing on the access road - this is not safe.
- Please do not park or drop off your children on the access road, except for in the designated drop-off zone.
I am sure that you will understand that we need to take every precaution to keep everyone as safe as possible. Parents are requested to remind students who are walking to school independently to observe these safety measures. We appreciate your continued support in helping to keep our students, parents and staff safe.